Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jigsaw Cookie Cutter

This took me a lot longer than I thought it would! My first attempt ended up with the protrusions and indentations being different sizes. This was all due to the wall thickness not being zero (a perfect cookie cutter). The wall thickness is 1.5mm which seems thick to me, but I took it from another cookie cutter on Thingiverse. I think it may be possible to thin it down considerably, but I want to see how it performs first.
The other element I added was a curved taper to the Z-axis. I did this to add a bit of style but it also enables, or should enable multiple cookie cutters to be stacked. I'm dying to print this out and see how it performs stack-wise and cutter-wise. It was also a terrific learning experience on Rhino. I found out how to extrude walls to make solids and how to use the Taper function!

No comments: